Monday, June 16, 2008

Good Distractions

Today was quite a busy day! Since Dillon is out of town, my friends are keeping me preoccupied with things to do... Really, just lovin' on us while Dillon is away. This morning I went with my friend Rachael to to grocery store to find out more about The Grocery Game. We have tried it once before, but I really didn't do too well at it. We don't get the paper so getting a paper and THEN cutting out coupons was too much to do. However, I wanted to see how this game really worked and see if it was worth it for our family to join in on the "Game." Thanks, Rach for showing me the ropes! I don't know if this will work for our budget, but we had a lot of fun hanging out with you and John Michael.

On my way home from the store I received a phone call from Cheryl. (She and her husband, Jack are our class "shepherds" for our ABF...AKA - Sunday school class.) She graciously offered to watch Micah for the afternoon so I could get a chunk of my work hours in today. So Micah and I returned home, he ate lunch, took a nap and then it was off to Ms. Cheryl's for fun times! On the way there I pick up my friend Vonda and we stopped to get ice cream on the way back home. Yummmmmmm, CONNIE'S!!!!

After I picked up Micah (hours later) we returned home and our friends Roy and Claire come over and Roy cut our grass since Dillon was out of town. (What GREAT friends we have!) And since Jeremy was out with the guys for the night Vonda came over, too. Girl time was fun. It was great to catch up with you, ladies! I will see you again for game night on Thursday! Can't wait!

Dillon, Micah and I miss you, but we have wonderful friends who are taking care of us in so many ways! Don't forget to "Have fun, do good, make A's!" I love you!!!!!

1 comment:

cristina said...

just doing my regular check in....LOVE the new look.

see? blogging isn't so bad...seems you posted something about being reluctant to start this. :)