Sunday, June 29, 2008

A New Appreciation

I have a new appreciation for cake decorators. I have been working very hard the last couple of days on a trial run for Micah's 1st birthday cake.








This was my first time I have tried my have at cake decorating. I used marshmallow fondant and I wanted to see how it might turn out. I liked the way the fondant looks on the cake, but I don't think I like the design I came up with. It looks like a blue peppermint and I need to work on word spacing. Oh well. Now we just have to see how it is going to taste. I am not so sure about it, but I think that Dillon and I will try some tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm impressed! When is the party? :)

I've been thinking about doing John's on Sunday afternoon on the 20th, but haven't gotten much farther in planning than that. I can't believe they are almost a year!

lauren Zaffos Photography said...

mmmmmmm:) Cake please:)