Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of School 2008-2009

Our family has many traditions that occur on the first day of school. Every year since Dillon started school he has taken a picture by the mailbox on his first day. we have also included Micah in these pictures even though he is not in school, yet. (Good thing...Mommy still has some more time to prepare for this. :)



Here is one up close...Micah is still trying to wake up. :)



Also when I was growing up my family always went out to eat on the first day of school to talk about our day and our teachers. Now that many of us are educators the tradition continues. In between Dillon getting out of school and the start of his seminary class the Hill family had our Annual First Day of School Dinner at no other place, but Pappasitos...Yummm! (Thanks Dad for the gift card.)

My boys...


Here are our attempts at a family picture.



4 comments:

Erica said...

I would like to see these mailbox pictures! What a fun tradition!

Oh, and the dancing boy in the previous post? TOO CUTE!

Michelle said...

You guys are so cute. What a very fun family you are!

The Boudreaux Family said...

What neat family traditions. Cute pics.

Cora said...

Fun family traditions! I remember we used to always get milk shakes on the day we received our report cards :). I like the idea of celebrating the first day of school by eating out!