We just arrived home from San Antonio. And what a crazy, fun, tiring trip it was. Dillon and I were brave and decided to bring the baby along for Micah's first TMEA - Texas Music Educators Association from Wednesday until Saturday. (He is just not old enough to be without his Mommy.)
Now I will say that I think that we...ummm, I... over packed a bit. But I wanted to make sure that we had anything and everything that we needed while we were away. We even took the exersaucer since it folds and stores so nicely. Anyways, we piled all our stuff high in my Gaga and Pawpaw the Great's (my grandma and grandpa) van we were borrowing (a Nissan Quest - We still have it at the moment and I am considering NOT giving it back. SOOOOOOO nice!) and took off...2 hours later than we had planned. Once we made it to San Antonio we went to visit my youth pastor, Donnie Anthony, at the church where he is serving to let him and his family meet Micah. I love my sweet boy. He is so happy and pretty much comfortable in anyone's arms. He let Donnie carry him all around, steal his sugar and show him off! And then it was off to the hotel as it was getting late and WAY past Micah's bedtime.
Once we got there we checked in and Dillon lugged ALL of our stuff while I got Micah ready for bed and waited for the crib (that I reserved online when booking and reminded them about when we checked in). Well, 30 minutes later the crib still had not arrived so Dillon called down to ask about it. Well, come to find out they did not have any cribs available. I was pretty frustrated, I must admit. After all I had reserved this crib 3 weeks ago when I made the reservation. How could they not have it when I arrived. Oh well, this is where my wonderful, glorious over packing comes in handy. I brought the pack 'n play for just this circumstance. Thank goodness! So we set that up and put Micah down for the night. And guess what!?!? He slept all night long...even in a new place and sharing a room with Mommy and Daddy. Thank you, Lord for such an adaptable baby!
After all the lights were out and Micah was put down for the night. Dillon and I collapsed in bed for a good night rest.
Stay tuned. There is more to come and hopefully I will learn how to get videos from my video camera to my computer so that you can enjoy some of the sights and sounds of our adventure in SA.
Our New Life
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment